Saturday, December 3, 2011

Couple Loses Over 100 lbs on the 17 Day Diet

kurt-georgia-after.jpgHere's a great story about a couple who did the 17 Day Diet together and lost over 100lbs.

This couple emailed us directly and aren't connected with 17 Day in any way other than using the program to lose weight.

Georgia: Starting Weight: 188lbs

Size: 16-18

Health: I was struggling with menopause and hot flashes! I easily gained at least 25 pounds with nothing seeming to work, plus I had stomach/digestive issues, was out of breath, not happy with myself, and I had no energy.

Kurt: Starting Weight: 285lbs

Size: 2XL-3XL w/42 inch waist

Health: One year prior he had 2 heart stents put in, was a full blown diabetic needing more and more insulin to try to maintain blood sugars, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and taking several medications for both symptoms/diseases just to try to keep them at a fairly normal level--still high, but somewhat controlled.

First of all, my clothes didn't fit and I refused to buy larger. My thighs rubbed together to the point they were chaffing and it hurt to walk. I also began to notice that my stomach seemed to be resting on my lap when I sat. kurt-georgia-before.jpg
Us BeforeOn top of that, I was recouping from an accident where my leg and foot were severely injured. The healing was very slow and shoes were not fitting right (due to my feet being 2 different sizes). I love my husband and didn't want to lose him to heart disease or diabetes and Kurt didn't want to die from them either. He had no energy, bad color in his complexion, and his feet hurt from diabetes. He was also outgrowing his clothes.
A person that Kurt did business with told him about the 17 Day Diet and obviously it was working for him. The man also told him about others in his family also on the diet and their success stories. Kurt and I had been thinking about going back on Atkins or South Beach--which we had used in the past, but just couldn't get excited about it.

When Kurt came home and told me about it the diet, Kurt was not only excited about it, but it was something he wanted to do, so I was all for it. I loaded the book on my Kindle, read it, and began preparing for "D" day which was May 15, 2011.

We were amazed! After the only 3 days Kurt had lost 10 pounds and I had lost 5. It just continued from there. I spent most of the 1st 17 day phase concentrating so much on the meal plans, shopping lists, etc, that it was pretty easy and the 17 days went by quickly.

As the weight started coming off, it was easier to exercise. I really didn't exercise until the 3rd phase. I did, however, make sure that I did something outside of sitting on the couch like cleaning, laundry, yard work, etc, so that I had some form of workout for at least 17 minutes each day. Presently, I exercise about 3 times a week on the treadmill for about 45 minutes. Kurt does a lot of walking with his job, but some days will make extra effort to walk between buildings on the fairgrounds vs. riding.

Today, we both have so much energy, more confidence, and like our new bodies. We both hit our 50 pound weight loss goals in August 2011 and have actually surpassed them. We still want to lose about 5-10 more pounds.

Kurt now wears size L-XL and 34/36 waist pants. I am now a size 6-8. He only takes 3 pills a day now and no more insulin shots! His doctor actually shook his hand and congratulated him. Prior to the diet, we spent so much money on medications.

The most expensive thing about the 17 Day Diet was purchasing new clothes! But, what fun! We laugh that we can now bend over, tie our shoes, and breath at the same time. Kurt is an avid hunter and has found that the his lighter weight has easily helped with his pheasant and deer hunting.

We get so many compliments and are continually telling people about the 17 Day Diet. We consider this a lifestyle change and will be on it forever. However, the best part of this diet is that my husband will now be around for a long time!
If you don't see the scale move--don't get discouraged. I always feel that this is a time when my body seems to be reshaping itself.If you get bored with meals, go to the 17 Day Diet recipes site. There are so many awesome recipes by very creative people which helps keep up motivation.Always continue to reference the book for each phase/chapter as you go through. I find that I have missed items or forgotten things in between time.If you can do this as a couple or family, all the better. For those who don't need to lose the weight, the meals can be easily modified for them.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment